Friday, February 7, 2014

Brother Michael's 2014 Lesson

Our over own Bisexual liaison, Br. Michael C. Oboza, shares his Winter lesson 2014. Thank you Oboza for your courage and honesty.....

"I met an Adult stranger. I assumed age, race, gender, and sexual orientation. I truly made an ass out of you and me for assuming at all. I was wrong on all my assumptions. My ignorant, judgemental and uneducated assumptions about another's own individuality."

After Oboza had adult consentual relations with a person whom identified as a 30 year young Italian immigrant man, Oboza was educated that Anthony did not have a sexual orientation. Not straight, gay, bisexual, queer, asexual, nor pansexual. Anthony reminded Oboza that there are people like him too whom have a Non-identified sexuality. After he left Oboza's condo to head to airport, Oboza added Non-identified to his homemade Sexual orientation box. Anthony laughed at how many kinds were listed on the bottom of the box.

Oboza still finds himself, an often erased bisexual on the same side of the box as a Non-identified person he himself almost erased. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment