Thursday, October 10, 2013

Br. Michael's Early Day Biphobia

Before any reader may assume any senjority regarding who is more of less biphobic, our very own Bisexual liaison, Br. Michael C. Oboza has agreed to share when he was biphobic toward "his own kind."

Oboza shares, "When I first came out bisexual, all I read was that only Bisexual women existed. As a Bisexual man, I was assumed "a phase." First, I lost my mind. Well, what was left of it after my suicide attempt from Internalized biphobia. Second, I began to become angry toward Bisexual woman regarding their "privilege" with uneducated words like "How dear they not stand up for us." Lastly, I got a friendly reality check from Paige, a Bisexual activist from Action Bi Women 1980's, Chicago who was also part of Bisexual Political Action Coalition, Queer Nation, Bisexual Network Chicago and Bisexual Queer Alliance Chicago. Paige asked me, "What privilege do I have when I am objectified and sexualized, because I am an out Bi woman?" And she also "would appreciate it if I was more supportive, especially being bisexual myself." After I apologised, I was prepared to become a Bisexual radical, an all inclusive activist."

Yes... There is also inner community fighting or Bisexual biphobia. So, no one has more or less stock on biphobia including bisexuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment