Saturday, May 10, 2014

StonewallAGAIN was There

Since 2010, the awesome Park Ridge library hosted the Park Ridge Community Fair. The big city organizations were always there. For a first time, a LGBT organization was there this year.

After I got permissions from the Fair organizer and our original visionarian, Mike Lackovich, I represented StonewallAGAIN as Bisexual liaison and cofounder at Park Ridge Community Fair 2014. The reactions were all different. One man of a certain age did nothing that surprised me....

The man hovered and carefully approached our table. I greeted him and introduced StonewallAGAIN. He replied from out of a 1968 era, "The down fall of the white race is gays and lesbians. They need to find a cure for them." I replied from our 2014 table, "Since we can't find a cure for heterosexuals... Then we need to live and let live." He then later "reexplained" his earlier babble with erasing any assumed "cure" mention.

For that alone, I was grateful that I was there at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment