Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Brother Michael Retired

After 20 years of being part of Chicago's GLBT then LGBT activism leadership, StonewallAGAIN's Bisexual liaison, Br. Michael C. Oboza (ret) hosted his Activism Leadership retirement at PRIDE Alliance at College of DuPage on September 26, 2014.

After he gave his last Bisexual history lesson, "because Queer theory often forgets bisexuals," Oboza explained, "Who is more important than me, a part of past Bisexual history is you all... Awesome you... The future generation... The next generation."

The most exciting moment of Oboza retiring from leadership to the sidelines to continue to at least volunteer for the LGBT cause happened during an encore of Question and Answer.

"I had a public conversation with a student that became a heart to heart moment. Even some PRIDE student board members thought the moment was beautiful," Oboza shares, "I was so moved that I offered the student my Bisexual flag. With tears in his eyes, behind his glasses, the student said yes. I gave him my Bisexual flag and he wore the flag like a cape for the rest of the day.... My life is half complete."

No comments:

Post a Comment